Restoring skin affected by skin bleaching products can be hard, so it's best to ask for medical help from a dermatologist.
Nonetheless, there are several things you can do to kick start the healing process:
- Discontinue using skin bleaching products straight away as they can cause harm to the skin even more.
- Apply a light, scentless, non-aggravating cream to moisturize the skin and help strengthen its defensive barrier.
- Put on sunscreen to prevent any extra harm due to UV rays.
- Attempt to use natural solutions like aloe vera or coconut oil to reduce pain and cure the skin.
- Keep away from exfoliating scrubs or acids as they can be too harsh on wounded skin.
- Take an over-the-counter antihistamine to curb itching and swelling.
- Limit sun exposure and heat as they can dry the skin even more.
- Visit a dermatologist for possible treatments such as topical or oral medication, and for advice.